Sound Diffusor, Absorber and Bass Trap
Home » Room Acoustics » Sound Diffusors / Absorbers
Call Toll Free #866-243-1001 Mon-Fri 9 am to 5 pm Central for Help
Advanced Diffusor / Absorber System
On-Wall Sound Diffusor / Absorber
It's a Diffusor! Diffuses mid–to–high frequencies, proved to
minimize flat–surface reflection problems by broadly and evenly
scattering sound energy.
It's an Absorber! Includes a diaphragmatic mid–bass absorber
It's a Bass Trap!
||A graceful conical tapered cylindrical diffusor specifically designed to improve speaker imaging in audiophile and home theater systems, plus enhance the sound of voices in conference and meeting rooms, voice-over booths and recording studios - many different designer cloth options, or even wood veneer - plus backlight it with remote control color changing LEDs!|
Advanced Sound Diffusor / Absorber System
The Advanced Diffusors / Absorbers simplify the creation of natural-sounding professionally–accurate acoustic spaces.
Advanced Sound Diffusor / Absorber System:
31" w x 10" d
21" w x 7" d
14" w x 5" d
All with MLV membrane -
absorbs40-200Hz, diffuses 200Hz-20kHz.
All 42" in height; custom heights available.
Corner Bass Trap absorbs 40-300Hz, diffuses 200-20kHz
Large Diffusor -
Medium Diffusor -
Small Diffusor -
Corner Diffusor -
Absorber Bass Trap
31" w x 10" d
21" w x 7" d
14" w x 5" d
|Medium Diffuser w/ Trap
21" w x 18" d
Advanced Sound Diffusor / Absorber Accessories:
used with the Medium Diffusor for superb bass
Medium Diffusor shown
with Corner Trap frame
Can be custom sized
to match any Diffusor
Medium Diffusor Panel
shown on Floor Stand
|Included with the Corner Bass Trap||$600 each
Advanced Sound Diffusor / Absorber System — Simple, Accurate, Affordable Acoustics
After a century of acoustical research, it's widely agreed that rooms with the right balance of diffusion and absorption are far more natural-sounding and source-accurate than rooms without proper diffusion or with too much absorption. The System was created with a simple, accurate, and affordable way to achieve natural-sounding acoustics.
The core of the System is an innovative Diffusor, an improved version of the classic studios since the 1930's. These have proved to minimize flat–surface reflection problems by broadly and evenly scattering sound energy. The Diffusor also acts as a diaphragmatic mid–bass absorber and includes a built–in mass–loaded vinyl (MLV) membrane low–bass trap. It solves the two biggest acoustical issues — diffusing mid–to–high frequencies and controlling low frequencies. The Diffusor is unique, offering two complete solutions for the price of one product.
Three stock Diffusor widths integrate perfectly with two matching models, The Absorber (mid-to-high frequency absorption) and the Corner Trap (an Diffusor with an additional corner bass trap). The right combination and placement of System components will optimize your acoustic spaces, and because of their coherent design, all System models look great together.
Why the Advanced Sound Diffusor / Absorber is Better:
- Does not exhibit phase–grating (quadratic–residue) diffusor artifacts – No phase or frequency distortion, no high–frequency limitations, and no internal edge diffraction
- Includes a limp-mass MLV membrane bass trap to control low–bass room modes
- Acts as a diaphragmatic absorber in the mid–bass band
- Professionally attractive — with many fabric, color, and finish options
- 42" height allows vertical stacking and alternating vertical/horizontal orientation on walls and ceilings; alternating different widths avoids comb filtering artifacts
Why The Sound Diffusor / Absorber System is better:
- The Diffusor reduces narrow reflections and frequency–dependent modes; eliminates parallel-surface flutter echoes; includes MLV membrane bass trap
- The Absorber evenly absorbs frequencies from 200–20,000 Hz
- The Corner Trap reduces low–frequency corner room modes
- The Diffusor and Corner Trap act as diaphragmatic low–to–mid frequency absorbers
- No fiberglass or foam — uses safe "green" absorbent lining (recycled cotton acoustical panels)
- Mounting cleats and hardware included for easy installation
Install the System for naturally better acoustics anywhere sound is important:
- Recording, overdubbing, and mixing studios
- Home theaters and music rooms
- Broadcast booths and control rooms
- Video studios and post-production suites
- Film stages and Foley/FX studios
- Offices: meetings, conference, and board rooms
- Rehearsal and performance spaces: concert halls and nightclubs
- Retail stores
- Bars, restaurants, and coffee shops
- Classrooms and gymnasiums
- Museums and galleries
On-Wall Advanced Sound Diffusor / Absorber
On-Wall Introductory Special
The On-Wall Diffusor/Absorber Panel is a cylindrical diffusor specifically designed to enhance the sound quality and imaging of both mid and high frequencies, in addition to improving dialog intelligibility in home theaters, conference and meeting rooms, voice-over booths and recording studios. It features an asymmetric (tapered) vertical profile for diffusing critical voice articulation frequencies, 'green' recycled cotton sound absorption backfill, and two-point mounting brackets for easy wall and ceiling placement.
The On-Wall Diffusor/Absorber offers:
- Superb front speaker imaging for 2-channel audiophile systems and home theaters.
- Better dialog dispersion for home theaters
- Better speech recognition in meetings
- Better articulation and “live-ness” for speaking and singing
- Many fabric choices available (shown: gray, blue, black, tan) - see below for swatches, plus custom wood veneers also available.
48” h X 9.25” w (top) X 4.5” w (bottom)
- Quick-Mount Mounting Hardware Included -
only 2 French cleats needed for each unit.
Acoustic Wall Columns - Advanced Sound Diffusors / Absorbers
New Product - Call with your Sizing Needs for Price
Call 866-243-1001 Mon-Fri 9 am to 5 pm Central
Shown above is the Acoustic Wall Column with Wood Veneer
Acoustic Columns can be covered in Fabric, Laminate, Wood, Primed for Paint and many more fascias
Email us your Sherwin-Williams®
Stain number, of better yet,
Diffusor / Absorber Fabric Material Colors:
Note: Colors will vary from screen to screen, call us for actual fabric swatch samples for an exact color match - (866) 243-1001.
Anchorage Fabric Facing Colors for Sound Diffusor / Absorber Panels:
|Red Delicious||Onyx||Slate||Amber||Pumpkin||Pine Needle|
|Graphite||Sunshine||Coffee Bean||Geranium||Thistle||Green Apple|
FR701 Fabric Facing Colors for Sound Diffusor / Absorber Panels:
|Wheat||Wedgewood||Baltic||Crystal Blue||Grey Mix||Medium Grey|
|Quartz||Aquamarine||Rose Quartz||Opal||Cherry Neutral||Apricot Neutral|
|Green Neutral||Vanilla Neutral||Blue Neutral||Black||Silver Neutral||Lavendar Neutral|
|Claret Accent||Cinnabar||Pumice||Amethyst||Buff||Blue Spruce|
|Bleu Papier||Bronze||Silver Papier||Blue Plum||Verte Papier||Deep Burgundy|
|Violet||Light Moss||Leaf||Lake||Stream||Desert Sand|
- Items on this page are custom made—there are no returns for refund or exchange.